About data protection
The Data Protection Act 1998 controls how we use your personal information.
We follow strict rules called data protection principles. We must make sure information is:
- used fairly and lawfully
- used for limited, specifically stated purposes
- adequate, relevant and not excessive
- kept for no longer than is necessary
- handled according to people’s data protection rights
- kept safe and secure
- not transferred outside the European Economic Area without adequate protection
You can have access to information that we hold about you by making a subject access request.