Eat Out Eat Well award
The Eat Out Eat Well Award rewards food outlets that provide their customers with healthier choices. It has three levels – Bronze, Silver, and Gold. The level of award is based on a scoring system that takes into account the type of food on offer, cooking methods and how you promote healthy choices to your customers. To obtain a Gold Award key members of your staff will need to undertake accredited training in nutrition.
The award could enhance your image as a responsible business and can show your contribution to improving the health of your customers.
If your business caters for the general public it could be considered for an award at the time of a satisfactory inspection by Environmental Health or at the request of the owner.
To achieve an award your business will be assessed against certain criteria that are based on the principles of a healthy balanced diet, such as keeping fat, sugar and salt to a minimum, making fruit and vegetables widely available and basing main meals on starchy carbohydrates. You will also be assessed on marketing and promotion of healthier options as well as the provision of healthy options for children.
The award is free for businesses to enter.
Environmental Health Officer
Bath and North East Somerset Council
01225 396 634
- Young Possum’s Imaginarium – 15 Colliers Walk, Nailsea, BS48 1RG – Silver
- Cadbury Garden Centre – Smallway, Congresbury, BS49 5AA – Silver
- Ashton Court Courtyard Café – Ashton Court, Long Ashton, Bristol BS41 9JN – Silver
- Grand Atlantic Hotel – Beach Road, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1BA – Gold
- Jump n Jackz – Winterstoke Road, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 3YS – Silver
- Freshntasty Bites – 10-12 High Street, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1JF – Gold
- Mint and Mustard – 45 Oxford Street, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1TN – Bronze
- Penny Brohn Cancer Care – Chapel Pill Lane, Easton-in-Gordano, BS20 0HH – Gold
- North Somerset staff restaurant – Castlewood, Tickenham Road, Clevedon, BS21 6FW – Silver
- Hadley’s at No 1 – 1 The Boulevard, Weston-Super-Mare, BS23 1NN – Silver