We have a responsibility to meet the housing
needs of the people of North Somerset.
Our Housing Strategy & Commissioning Service works towards
meeting the housing needs of the people of North Somerset.
It helps by supporting and developing the strategies, policies
and partnerships we use to achieve this aim and is responsible
- Carrying out research into local housing needs, markets and
affordability, including commissioning needs assessments
- Developing and contributing to strategies and policies,
including responding to local and sub-regional priorities
- Developing and contributing to effective partnerships,
West of England
Partnership, who have commissioned a study of different options
for 'future-proofing' S106 Agreements aimed at delivering more
homes. Final Report.
- Enabling the provision of affordable homes including bidding
for resources to develop affordable housing
- Performance management including monitoring of 'promises to
Homes (formerly NSHousing) as part of the housing transfer
- Sheltered leasehold properties
- Bringing empty homes back into use
For more information about the service please contact
Strategy and Commissioning Team